Rheumatology includes conditions affecting the joints, muscles, bones and immune system. The most common chronic rheumatic conditions include Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), and Psoriatic Arthritis (PA). RA is a disease that most commonly affects the small joints in the hands and feet, though it can affect any joint in the body. Diagnosis of RA is dependent on symptoms and the results of a physical exam. PA is a chronic arthritis that is associated with skin psoriasis. PA causes swelling, stiffness and pain in and around joints, most commonly causing nail changes, overall fatigue, and may affect one or several joints. SLE is an autoimmune disease that causes damage to the skin, joints, and/or organs. SLE is a disease of up and downs, meaning that there are times when symptoms are worse (flares) and times when symptoms are gone (remission). Treatment of these rheumatic diseases is used to stop the immune system from attacking itself and to relieve symptoms.
- Approximately 50 million people in the U.S. have a rheumatic condition.
- Women are 10 times more likely to be affected by Lupus than men.
- About 300,000 children, up to 17 years old, in the U.S. suffer from juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Up to 1% of the world population is affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis.
At METRORX Specialty Pharmacy we can service all your medications related to your Rheumatology. Some of the most common medications for Rheumatology that we service include: Enbrel®, ORENCIA®, REMICADE®, and SIMPONI®
CONTACT US today to see how METRORX Specialty Pharmacy can become an extension of your healthcare team and help you start feeling better, faster!
- Joint pain & stiffness, swelling, & redness
- Chronic fatigue
- Morning stiffness lasting more than 30 minutes
- Affect BOTH sides of the body
- American College of Rheumatology
- National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Eular Organization
- Medline Plus
- Lupus Foundation of America