Dermatology is the treatment and diagnosis of skin diseases. Specialty dermatology includes Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Skin Cancer. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes itchy, burning, red, scaly patches to appear on the skin. The severity of Psoriasis can vary from mild to severe, less than 3% of the body covered to more than 10% of the body covered, respectively) and will determine the treatment options. There are five types of Psoriasis known as plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular, and erythrodermic. Psoriatic Arthritis is a chronic arthritis that is associated with skin psoriasis. Person’s may have Psoriasis and Psoriasis Arthritis at the same time or separately. Skin Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells of the skin. There are many different forms of Skin Cancer, which are caused by mutations or genetic defects caused by unrepaired DNA damage, most often from ultraviolet radiation from the sun or tanning beds.
- Psoriasis affects about 3.7% of the U.S. population, men and women equally.
- Approximately 30% of those diagnosed with psoriasis will develop Psoriatic Arthritis.
- $8.1 billion is spent yearly on treating Skin Cancer in the U.S.
At METRORX Specialty Pharmacy we can service all your medications related to your Dermatological condition. Some of the most common medications for Dermatological condition that we service include: Otezla®, Enbrel®, COSENTYX®, and STELARA®
CONTACT US today to see how METRORX Specialty Pharmacy can become an extension of your healthcare team and help you start feeling better, faster!
- Raised, red patches on scalp, knees, elbows, or lower back
- Small, dot-like lesions
- Red lesions in body folds
- White pustules surrounded by red skin